
Not very big is it? There were 9 booths there today. They were broken down like this...
Crafts: 1 sterling silver, 1 jewelry made out of spoons, 1 glass jewelry, 1 homeade soap, and 1 herbal remedy lotions and fragrances.
Veggies and live plants: 1 lady that had potatoes and something (but she was mostly sold out), another vendor that had squash/cucumbers/zucchini/onions/beans, 1 lady that had a few gorgeous bouquets and a few squash/tomatoes/spinich, and then someone that was selling live plants either by small pots or individuals. I got a pic of the lilies...aren't they gorgeous?!?!?!?

So after taking a couple of minutes to walk through the market...Austin and I kept wandering around wondering if there was another set up somewhere else. Market Square was pretty crowded with the restaraunts and people eating lunch. Once we manuevered our way to the other end and realized that was it, we decided to walk through the small park right across the street so I took a few pics of the cool statues, artwork, and plants around....





The park ended right in front of the downtown library. I saw the sign and thought what a pretty building!

After walking through the park, we headed back up to market square. I stopped back by the booth of the lady with the pretty bouquets and bought one for myself along with four green tomatoes (I am going to make some fried green tomatoes tonight...these are starting to ripen, but I hope they will still be tangy enough). We then headed back up to the top of the parking garage where Austin had to look over the edge (at least he is slightly overcoming his fear of heights)...

I haven't overcome my fear of heights though so this is the only pic I got. Don't get me wrong I stood on the ledge and looked over, but I was not taking my hands off the side to take a picture...lol!
We made it home safe and sound and I put my flowers into water...

Now that it is over, I can say that while it was small the stuff they had there was really nice...I just wish it had been bigger.
No comments:
Post a Comment